Volunteers Make a Difference. You can make a difference!
United Caring Services relies heavily on the dedicated involvement of volunteers to succeed in its mission. Email email@example.com or call (812) 422-0297 to start your journey of service and giving back.
- Volunteers serve on committees and set the strategic vision and direction of our services to the community. Join a committee or our Board of Directors.
- Volunteers act as liaisons between the shelter community and the public at large.
- Volunteers play a crucial role in delivering services to the numerous guests we serve.
- Volunteers help expand the reach of our services and bring fresh energy and enthusiasm to the staff and guests.
- Volunteers can SIGN UP ONLINE by going HERE. Thanks!
We want our volunteers to have rewarding volunteer experiences and we want to make sure our guests are treated well. To that end, all volunteers are required to sign a Volunteer Code of Conduct.
Prepare, cook and serve meals at the Day Shelter — Breakfast 9:00 am, Lunch 12:00 pm, and dinner 5:00 pm or 6:30 pm at Ruth’s House. Arrive earlier to properly prepare and serve. Bring and prepare your own food or check with staff about what a pre-determined supplies/meal might be, then cook and serve that meal.
Work at the Day Shelter front desk, answer phones, receive donations, hand out hygiene items, assist guests with laundry, assist with intake in the men’s and women’s Night Shelter programs, and listen to stories about their day.
Sort and hang clothes, organize the pantry, prepare clothing voucher requests at the Day Shelter or Ruth’s House.
Provide daily, weekly, or occasional support to our Office Administration by answering phones, entering data, stuffing envelopes, organizing files, etc. Give tours, advocate and share information with others.
Clean, organize, paint, provide maintenance, and help maintain the grounds at our three properties, or take on a special project.
Host A Gathering:
Got the gift of organization and leadership? Help United Caring Services by coordinating a donations drive, host a fundraising event, or organize a “give back” night event. Ask us how else you can help advocate, support, and partner with UCS. (812) 422-0297
HERE IS A LIST of upcoming volunteer opportunities shared on Volunteer Match for you to consider.